Today I’m sharing how to jump on the bandana bandwagon! This cool, edgy yet effortless trend comes in a myriad of colors, patterns and fabrics to choose from. From day to date to office there’s a sure fire way to easily work the bandana trend into your wardrobe!
First introduced to the fashion world in the 70’s by Saint Laurent and Tommy Hilfiger then again in the 90’s by Tom Ford, the western worlds simple square re-emerged here again in 2016! Whether you choose to use your bandana to dab perspiration, clear your nostrils, as a means of flirtation (ladies take note of those Victorian era women and drop your hanky to spark a conversation as your unbeknownst favored man does the good deed of returning it to your preying or should I say praying hands) or to affiliate with your respective hood, there are plenty of viable options to sport the ever so trendy bandana. Here’s how to wear a bandana in 8 impressively stylish ways.
- Tie it around your neck like I did here. You can opt to tuck in your ends for a more polished look, or leave the ties out like I did here. I even layer on some cool rhinestone bib necklaces.
- Tie one around your neck and tuck it into your shirt’s collar for a different look almost like a faux turtle neck which will work great for the winter months ahead.
- Wrap your bandana around the handle of your handbag for a splash of color and character.
- Simply tuck it in to your favorite pair of denim’s back pocket.
- Use it as a headband or tie it around your pony tail for a fashionable utilitarian use.
- Braid the bandana into your hair for those ladies with luscious long locks.
- Wrap your bandana around your favorite fedora for an instant revamp.
- Tie your bandana around your wrist and layer with other bangles for a fresh take on some arm candy.
I’m obsessed with this outfit because it literally has so many great trendy aspects yet is still so laid back and comfortable! For one the off the shoulder (OTS) denim dress, both being popular by demand. Bonus this Zara dress has pockets! I’ve linked a few other cute denim options below as well. I can’t wait to wear it with some great fall boots as well. I’m also a huge fan of hats… any type of hat, boater, fedoras, beanies, baseball cap you name it. This orange/rust colored one from BCBG is so striking and it’s on major sale now. With the denim dress and hat pairing it was the perfect canvas for the bandana.
Rebecca Patton of Beckley & Co | instagram @beckleyco