Pajama Fashion collides with Culottes Trend for one fabulous floral find! This outfit inspiration can be styled uptown chic or downtown cool. Culottes, also termed Gauchos, are a fashion trend that is clearly here to stay and I am A-OK with the fact that they have quickly become a closet must have mainstay! For me, culottes truly are all types of feminine chic. I mean come on, grab this culottes trend in a great neutral color and it quickly becomes a women’s own modernly feminine update to the traditional menswear suit. Just take it a step further by adding a matching structured crop vest or blazer and boom excellence!
Culottes are such a great piece to add to your wardrobe because they are the comfort of pants with the look of a skirt, especially when they are more of a relaxed fit like my silk pajama fashion culottes. Like I mentioned before they are a great modern twist to the traditional menswear inspired outfits we women love to try, and in my desperate efforts to make this culottes trend even more appealing to you these are a great option for business travel! They are better than wearing a cigarette pant or pencil skirt for their ease and comfort while still being fashionable and structured. Here are 5 Styling Tips to help you rock out this Culottes Trend!
- View Them As an A-Line Skirt Culottes provide fun volume and help accentuate a cinched waist. When styling your culottes opt to tuck in a blouse or pair a crop top with a high waisted pair if you dare. Don’t choose an overly short top, but one that just hints at your midriff for a great casual summer look. Start with basics like black, navy or white and move in to pattern to ensure you get lots of great use!
- Best Length is Mid-Calf It will give the appearance of wearing a fun swinging skirt. If you are more on the petite side you can opt for a pair of culottes that fall just below the knee. Tailor tailor tailor all your garments when needed to be perfectly polished! So many people skip this step and it seriously makes the biggest difference to making your entire look!
- All About Shoes The whole point of culottes is to show off your shoes! Sleek ladylike pumps like my Jimmy Choos shown are arguably one of the best options with a pointy toe and slim heel which instantly elongates your shape. For advanced styling options be daring with a thick heeled platform or fun booties!
- Playing Proportions While length and width can vary quite a lot, culottes are typically high waisted, which means they work particularly well with shorter tops. It doesn’t have to be a crop top, but make sure it hits above your hips so your mid section doesn’t look wider than it is. For a more professional and polished look opt for a tucked in blouse.
- Carry Them In To Fall Not just a summer staple, transition your culottes to fall with layered styling options like a blazer or leather jacket and a scarf. You can pair them with solid stockings that blend with the pant color underneath, giving the illusion of a continuous pant leg as well for added warmth, and for a cool girl twist opt for a chunky-heeled boot! Or wear a comfortable relaxed sweater with a partial front tuck or go a little more polished by topping your button-down blouse with a chic chunky knit vest!
My culottes are from Zara and are totally on trend with pajama fashion we’ve seen this season too. These pants are so fun and cute and you can style them so many ways! I love silk like pants like this for summer because they are so lightweight and great with tanks or slouchy t-shirts for a relaxed look with sandals. These are already in my bag for our trip to Florida next week! Pajama fashion looks have been super hot lately and whether you want a head to toe look or want to opt for trying out a top or bottom it’s so easy to find just the right piece for you. These pants actually have a matching top that I keep admiring and thinking about getting because I could wear it as a head to toe look or simply pair the top with a pair of skinny jeans and pumps for a sexy date night look!
CULOTTES: Zara (matching pajama top available too) || TSHIRT: found at Marshalls! || HEELS: Jimmy Choo (old) found a simple hologram sandal here Stuart Weitzman on sale! || HAT: H&M (old) || JACKET: Zara (mine old) current faves steal/faux or splurge/leather || NECKLACE: mine old JCrew current fave at JCrew