Don’t let the rain put damper on dressing your best and having fun! Rainy Day Outfits can be functional without sacrificing style. It rained all last week here in Dallas, so I got to style cute matching Hunter boots outfits for me and my mini with our new rain boots! I found these Hunter rain boots on sale after the holidays and just loved the olive two-tone detailing. Theo’s boots are so manly looking to me with the laces and I love it. They definitely aren’t the typical rain boot for little boys. Kid has been struggling to get some elevation, but I think he’s just about got the jumping thing down now lol, and he made quite the fashionable splash in the puddles we found during our rainy day adventures I must say.
Style can still be 100 percent waterproof, with the exception of maybe my leather jacket -ha, and you too can find the perfect way to brave the rainy season ahead with some fashionable forecasted rainy day outfits. Here are 11 tips to the keep in mind when planning your rainy day outfits!
- Crop It – choose cropped pants that don’t drag the damp ground to keep your look fresh all day.
- Sneakers – they can do just the trick for light rain. Be sure to choose a sleek style that wipes clean easily. I love my black and white snakeskin print Vans for my rainy day outfits! Pair sneakers with a cool faux leather legging and comfortable sweater or top, then you can add a cool scarf for a pop of color.
- Skirt & Booties – a great option for work, pair a blouse and skirt with tights and finish it off with chunky closed-toed booties to ensure warm dry feet!
- LBD – a little black dress paired with some great knee-high boots. Top it all off with a chic rain coat or weather-proof trench to protect you from the elements.
- Trendy Loafers – Opt for trendy loafers that won’t be ruined by those darling drops! You can wear these dressed up with a cropped cigarette pant and blazer or dressed down with
- Culottes – totally on trend for spring and they’re cropped! Add a graphic tee and fedora, and maybe even those loafers we were chatting about previously, to make this extra cool girl style shine.
- Neutral Coat – During the winter months be sure to utilize those gorgeous neutral winter coats that will protect you from the wind and rain, but keep you toasty warm.
- Hats – I’m a hat fanatic and rainy weather is always a great excuse to throw one one. They can really help pull together a look and you can skip time spent on your hair!
- Flat Ankle Booties – are a great option for those rainy day outfits because they cut down on bulk and make for easy maneuvering in wet rainy situations.
- Layer – my personal tip is for the heavy rainy weather days, be sure to layer up even in warmer months! I’m not saying wear a chunky sweater, just remember when you go outdoors to indoors it tends to feel much cooler indoors because of the humidity outdoors. Just a lightweight cardigan or sweater can do just the trick!
- Classic Hunter – for the perfect rain-approved look pair those Hunter rain boots we all adore with a pair of skinny jeans or leggings. Add a patterned scarf and fun umbrella to your look and you are 100 percent rainy day outfit ready!
I did my crazy little top-knot for fun and because of the humidity, so for you gals with more hair, you obviously have more options. You can try for a sleek high bun or some sort of braid that you can master to keep a crazy humid hair day at bay while still looking stylish! I also love a bold lip on a rainy day to help boost my mood and add some color to brighten the day and just feel extra pulled together.
We also wore our patchwork denim and easy white long sleeves. This is seriously one of the cutest baby bombers I’ve ever seen! The quilted knit pattern is to die for! And the coloring matched his boots so well.
HUNTER BOOTS: toddler | big kids || JACKET & TOP: Zara kids in stores || DENIM: H&M Patchwork Denim || DINO BOOK: here || DINO STUFFED ANIMAL: here || I actually purchased both the sensory board book and stuffed animal at Nordstrom, and while this one isn’t the dino one linked online at the moment they have tons of adorable options and they make great gifts!)